Saturday, June 12, 2010

Schools Out For The Summer!

I can't believe how fast time goes by. Seems like I never get a chance at much computer time anymore. There is always something to do, or something going on. Besides the fact that I normally go to bed not long after the kids because we're up so darn early!

Cameron just finished 1st Grade, and I am so proud of him! The year got off to a rough start. Lots of major adjustments for him, and he doesn't adapt to change easily. But by late October we were on track, and he was loving school. So much so that his last 2 weeks of school he almost dreaded. He didn't want it to end. He has a super teacher and loved all his classmates! The last day of school was even a little emotional! But he's now jumped into the summer routine quite well : ) He's all full-time daycare with Rylan, and it's great! One stop for me in the morning too which I like heaven. I get up at 5am now! We did enroll Cameron in summer school, which starts Monday and goes for two full weeks. It's only for 2 hours but he has some other friends going, and besides getting some help with math and reading readiness, they'll be doing some fun things too! He's looking forward to it (so more running for me during the day). Then in July our County just implemented some really cool summer programs. They are offering two choices, same class in different cities.... and it's all about being a PIRATE! So mid July he'll attend this day camp from 12:30-4:00pm. More running, but so worth it! It's getting his feet wet a little for more things like this. Cameron did complete his 1st year of Boy Scouts and loved it! So he's joined for next year too. We hope to get him enrolled in some summer swimming lessons too. He loves swimming, being outdoors, farming with his dad and grandparents and anything that can get him dirty and stinky!


Rylan, well... he's Rylan!!! He's one bundle of energy yet, and still the entertaining kid he's always been! He'll be 4yrs old next month and amazes me daily with his antics. He's sweet, loving, affectionate, and just wants to be included in whatever anyone is doing. But boy oh boy, does he have a temper when things set him off! He is stubborn, just like my dad (even looks like him a bit if you can believe it). He is very excited to be starting 4yr old Preschool this fall. He'll go 2 full days a week, and can't wait to be a big boy like Cameron! Cameron will be Rylan's bus buddy (if I get the nerve enough to send him on the bus). I'm sure we'll take him the 1st week and see how it goes from there. We're also hoping to get Rylan involved in something like karate or wrestling this summer after he turns 4yrs old. He is one solid kid and you should see him move! He's 52 lbs already and can take anyone down! He is all about sports and super hero's. The exact opposite of Cameron. But like Cameron, he loves swimming, the farm, and all the dirt and mud he can get into!

As for us we're staying busy with our jobs like normal and just enjoying every day with the boys. John and I just took a short trip over Memorial Day to Laughlin/Las Vegas and had a blast! I was also in Vegas last August with some girlfriends and had a good time. We love traveling and have many fun activities and weekend trips planned for the summer!

Here's some pictures just recapping the year so far. We're off to a great start!
This was coloring Easter eggs at my mom's house. Creative kids!Each year for Cameron's birthday, I take a picture of him with a train from our vacation the year before, and have something made. When we went to Colorado Springs, I has a picture of him standing on the front of a steam engine, made into a pillowcase. For this birthday, I took a picture of both boys standing on the Chattanooga Choo Choo in Chattanooga, TN! He loved them, and they turned out SO cute! Amazing what you can customize!

Here is the picture I used! Poor Rylan, he gets drug around to all these trains. Good thing that he doesn't seem to mind!


Rylan's true passion is Spiderman! Oh yes, he even thinks he IS Spiderman. He tries climbing the sides of walls, furniture, even when we're in the grocery store he's flipping down the isles on his hands and legs moving like Spiderman does - like he's about to attach someone! Hopefully I can keep with this blog for awhile now. I hope so many more pictures to share!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted! I miss hearing about you and your terrific family! Little Rylan aint so little anymore! Maybe football is in his future?!

Miss you and all the girls! Tell them I said "Hi"!

The Weinantz Family said...

Karla, Sound like you have the summer under control. I love hearing about your boys. They are both handsome boys.

I bet Rylan would be great at Karate!

Anna

Paul said...

Wonderful entertaining moments

Bakery Equipment
We Deals in Commercial & Domestic Utensils for Halwai Bardana, Chaffing Dishes, Kadhai, Tawa, Pressure Cooker Crockery,Stainless Steel Utensils, A/M Utensils, S/Steel Trays, A/M Trays, All Types of Halwai Tools & All types of Gifts Items.