Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's SO Cold!

Wow, what else can I say except it is cold!!!! Schools all around the area are even canceled here tomorrow because of the dangerous temperatures. It's now about -10 degrees, without the windchill. Tomorrow is expected to be -25 degrees, and -35 or even lower with the windchill. It's awful. I can't tell you how sorry I feel for anyone who has to work outside. My husband and dad are garbage men, and frankly I think they shouldn't work! But you wouldn't believe how many irrate customers we'd have if we did that. I'd like to tell them to haul their barrels down the driveway to the truck and dump them themselves if they need it that bad. Heck, if they could stay in the truck it wouldn't be bad... but they can't! I also feel sorry for the animals outdoors, especially our cattle. I hope this passes really soon!
I can't believe how the time has passed since I last posted. I have so much to write about! I will have to divide it into posts so as not to start boring anyone!
Tomorrow is a BIG day for us! We have Rylan's re-adoption hearing!!! This means that we are going through the steps of adoption in the State of Wisconsin. We've satisfied all the requirements with post-placement visits, and our social worker submitted a report to the court stating that, and recommending the adopting of course! So tomorrow it all becomes final. His name will legally be changed and a new birth certificate will be issued in our state, with our names on it! I'm so looking forward to having this last step behind us. There are few more minor paperwork details I'll have to finish... but nothing major.
I planned to keep Cameron home from school to go with us. It wouldn't be complete without him! So in a way it worked out good school was canceled. He's had perfect attendence so far this year and I didn't want to see that ruined... yet I didn't want him to miss the day.
We plan to get some pictures tomorrow, and I'll be sure to post them. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Karla! That is cold! Do people usually go to work in that kind of weather? Do you? I cant even imagine it!

Michelle said...

Good luck at Rylan's re-adoption hearing today! Can't wait to see pictures from it!!!

Michelle

The Weinantz Family said...

karla,
BRRR.. Can you hear my teeth chattereing?
It is cold here also. They cancelled school today due to the cold. As far as I can remember they have never cancelled school due to the cold. We are at home enjoying the day together.

I cannot wait to see those pictures! What a great day for your family!

Anna