Thursday, January 22, 2009

Karma

I've been joking that we must have bad karma surrounding us lately... or some sort of ghost haunting us!!! The strangest things have been happening. Let me take you back over the last couple weeks surrounding the holidays.

First, two weekends before Christmas I put our Christmas tree up. We get a fresh one every year! I got the entire thing decorated and went to get ready that Sunday evening to head to Winona. My aunts house was on the Historical Society Tour, so I wanted to help with it. I came out of the bedroom from getting ready and John and Cameron had these weird looks on their face. They just pointed at the tree. I looked and almost every single light on the tree was out! I was SO mad. I really do my tree up so this was no easy task ahead of me! I even put the old, old, lead tinsel on. By the time I got done figuring out what was wrong, it looked like a squirrel had ravaged my tree! URGH.

Got that under control and went to Winona. It was 8pm and I decided I better get home. Went out to my car, it wouldn't start. Unbelievable. Thankfully I was able to take my mom's. The next day after John messed with it we ended up having it towed. A couple days later, a $550.00 invoice! URGH.

So a couple days later it's the middle of the night and I hear this horrible, loud, scary, crash! I jumped up out of bed and ran into the living room. My first thought was a deer came through the window (we live in the middle of nowhere so it's possible). We have an alarm system on and around the house though and it wasn't going off. I flipped on the light and what do I see? My 9' tall beautiful Christmas tree laying on our hardwood floor! I could have cried. John came running out, only because I did, he never heard the crash. So, at midnight we're picking the tree up and trying to secure it. Now on the tree this year I put some ornaments my sister-in-law (John's brothers wife) made for the kids. They were clear bulbs she put paint in. She shook them up and wrote their names on the front. Very cute! Well, one bulb had an excess of paint. Not a big deal, I double hooked all my ornaments because I wasn't sure what Rylan would do with my tree. Well, as John and I lifed the tree he asked me "what's that green slime dripping out of the tree". Confused, I said "I have no idea"! I stepped back and saw this bulb full of paint smashed on the floor and splattered everywhere. Before we noticed it, John walked through it, kneldt in it, rolled under the tree in it and slid himself further under the tree. When he stood up I laughed so hard I thought I couldn't breathe! It looked like someone beat him with a Christmas tree branch full of green paint. Of course he was in his undies so all this is made funnier by the fact we couldn't get the paint off him. What a mess!!!! URGH.

So a few days later that disaster is over. It's 4:45am and I'm up for work. I take my shower at starting getting ready at 5am. I let the dog out and shut the door when all of sudden every single smoke alarm began chirping and squealing in the house! It was the most horrible, annoying noise! Rylan began screaming immediately and Cameron was hollering with his hands over his ears. I was running frantically through the house worried there was a fire! I could find nothing. The best I could figure out as the steam from the garage (being warmer) met the frigid air from outside and set off the alarm in the garage. So I had to get a ladder and take the batteries out of about 15 alarms!!!! I got to the last one in the garage and was up on the ladder, with my bottom literally in the air, in my robe, wet and undressed when I see lights turning around right outside the door. Wouldn't you know it, it was the guy who snow plows the town roads! My gosh!!! I never moved so fast in my life! I got the last battery out and guess what? The alarms went into panic mode because they had been going off so long the battery didn't matter. They are wired into our house. So this has been going on about 20 min now. Finally I found the breaker in the basement and shut the entire system down and got the kids calmed down. What a start to a morning! URGH.

So now it's just a few more days later. We have an LP tank that fuels our home outside the house and we are on an automatic refill. They just come every so often and fill it up. Well, I don't know what happened but we ran out of gas! We woke up at 4am freezing cold! So John ran over to his parents, got our tractor, and hauled one of the LP tanks back to our house. He had to convert them over and we got heat going after about an hour of messing around. In the freezing cold both outside and inside the house!!! URGH.

The next night John is taking Cameron down to bed, as he fell asleep in our room. John falls down the basement steps holding Cameron! Thank God no one was hurt. In fact John did such a good job holding Cameron he barely woke up! I raced down to pick Cameron up and hauled him back to our bed where he stayed the night.... and John layed at the bottom of the steps nursing his rug burned bottom! It was pretty nasty looking and bruised all the way down his leg! URGH.

So now I've had my truck back for about a week or more and it was acting funny. I took it back in only to be told now it had some sort of leaking gasket, blah, blah, blah.... there goes another $470.00. URGH.

So just this past Sunday we came home from Walmart. We put my truck in the garage (it's a Trailblazer) and we unloaded what we bought. We never open just the back window, we always open the entire back gate. I was holding the door and John was carrying a tote in the house when out of nowhere the entire back window in my truck exploded! I mean glass flew all over our 3 car garage! Glass was inside and outside the truck! I've never seen anything like that happen, ever! So, thank goodness insurance did cover it... but there was a $500.00 deductible. URGH.

So that about wraps up most of what's been going on in our world through the holidays. Even with all that said, we had an amazing Christmas. We are so thankful and so blessed! We have our health, we have our family, and we have our faith that things will turn around soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What in the world???!!!!!!
Never a dull moment in your house!!!!
I'm picturing John in his underwear, covered in green paint! LOL

Bummer about all the trouble with your car. I never open the back window either. I usually open the whole tail gate and all the stuff falls out and the milk is busted in the driveway! I don't understand how the glass broke?

Anyways...don't walk under any ladders, make sure you throw salt over your shoulder if you spill some and do what ever else your suppose to do! lol

Have a safe weekend!