Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Belated Valentines Day & a Visit with Kayla!

Hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day! We thought about going out to eat, but knew it would be incredibly busy... especially with it being a Saturday night. However we wanted to do something being it was also my parents 37th Wedding Anniversary! We decided to invite both sets of our parents here and I made dinner. I served a platter of cold shrimp with cocktail sauce and cheese and crackers, then made prime rib, fried chicken, baked potatoes, creamed corn, rolls, and had two pies... lemon and french silk. We also threw in a 12 pack of bottled Bud Light and 1 bottle of wine! The night was perfect! I'm NO Martha Stewart so I was a bit afraid of what I might do to the food, but it was really good! The pies were store bought, so no going wrong there ; ) Anyway, it was the perfect plan. The kids got to stay in pj's and play, while we eat and talked. Nice and relaxing!
Last Saturday Sean, Sonja, and Kayla came over to our house for a visit. Since Kayla's been home we try to meet up often so the kids can play. They get very excited to see each other! Rylan calls Kayla, Nina. Not sure how you spell that in Spanish, but Nina in Spanish means little girl. He's called her that since we were in Guatemala in Dec 2007! So cute that the name has stuck!!! Anyway, when he saw their car coming down our road he screamed for her over and over. Too cute! It's amazing how comfortable we feel around these guys. Let's just say Rylan and Kayla most especially share some common personality traits! Between the three kids there was a lot of energy and excitement in the air! They ran through the house like wild indians at times, literally! But I LOVE it! They were excited and who can blame them. We're just happy to not have to be embarrassed around this family! They now know what it's like to parent a strong willed child.... and I think they have a very mild version of that compared to my two!

The first picture about Kayla was checking out Rylan's stitches! Then they decided they both needed a hug. And they stood still for about 8.2 seconds for a quick picture on he bikes before they headed in another direction! This could explain why Sonja said Kayla slept until 9am the next morning and took a 3hr nap! Oh, and notice Lucy our dog in almost every picture. The kids had FOOD so she wasn't leaving them out of site.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell that Lucy doesn't let one speck of food get away from her!!

Michelle said...

Rylan and Kayla are TOO CUTE together!!!

Michelle

The Weinantz Family said...

Talk about some cute kids, they are! I bet they did have a wonderful time. WHen we all get together we are gonna have to line the kids up in their strollers like we did almost two years ago. That is if we can get them to stay in one.

I sure enjoy the pictures!

Anna

Lisa said...

Awwwe, it's so awesome you guys can get together like that and keep your children in touch with one another.

Cammie said...

It took me so long to get around to changing your blog address on my blog, but I'm finally here and was able to do a little catching up! I have to say, you sure have a couple of handsome boys there! Can you believe Rylan has been home for almost a year now? I just can't believe how fast the year went!

Cammie