Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fun Pictures!

It's been awhile since I've been on to blog. Seems like when I'm on lately I'm working on Ebay! I've been back to selling again and trying to deplete my stock.
Since Rylan's accident with the stitches we've been pretty much worry free and healthy again! We are so looking forward to spring coming and being able to spend more time outside. The winter is getting long and drawn out. We had another snow storm this week and school was dismissed early one day. That left one little 5yr old smiling from ear to ear! I picked him up off the bus with Rylan and we got to spend an afternoon home in our pj's! Now that's living!!! I guess winter comes in handy for something once in awhile.
Cameron's really looking forward to summer break from school. This year he'll go to the YMCA and he seems very excited! Little does he understand that in the fall we go back to the same routine of daycare in the morning and then a full day of school in 1st grade! I'm also not going to be the one to tell him right now that he'll be doing this for oh.... about 11 more years at least! The weeks get long for him, but he's doing great! It's amazing how much he's learned. He is also growing SO tall. Most people think he's 7 or 8 yrs old. I think he's going to tower over all of us in this family.
Rylan continues to learn new things every single day. He's very active and spunky and shows is independence a lot! Talking still seems to be a bit delayed from where he should be, but he tries. He is just way more interested in jumping, rolling, and all that little boy rough play! He is a stalky little guy and I think will be built like a brick house as he grows older!!!! He is a joy to watch though. He is very comical and you can't help but laugh at him. The life of the party!
Both kids together are doing extremely well. We have our moments and more of them than I'd like really... but a vast improvement in the past year! Yes, a year!!! Rylan will be home almost 1yr on March 20th. Amazing!!! The two kids believe it or not do share some very tender moments at times. Rylan adores Cameron.... he really does. He is always trying to kiss or hug him and copies everything he does. For the changes these two kids have been through, I am very proud of them. We are very lucky parents to have such amazing, healthy, happy and well adjusted boys! Did I mention though that they EAT us out of house and home. I'm not kidding. It's non stop! WOW!
A couple last notes... A huge congratulations to my friend Terri and her family on completing nearly a 3 year battle to bring their daughter Abbie home from Guatemala!!!! Check out her blog link that is on the right side of mine!
Also, a huge congratulations to Sean and Sonja on completing their re-adoption of Kayla! YEAH!!! I am so happy that you have that one last hurddle behing you.
And to my friends Michelle and Anna, and Sonja and Terri, I am grateful every day that I have come to know you and the others! How I would have made it through the adoption and the trials after Rylan came home, I have no idea! I can't wait to see you both in June and meet all the kids!!!!! I am SO excited!
Cameron enjoying baby food, yes, he still eats it! He just loves the Banana Mixed Berries. He thinks it's yogurt and I'm not going to tell him otherwise. Chalk that up to one healthy thing the kid actually eats!


And here's our Rylan, Mr. Messy himself. And yes, that is chocolate pudding! This is how Cameron used to eat. A vast improvement for one, and a work in progress for the other!
And when you don't use a spoon, this is what how that messy face happens. Or maybe he did use the spoon but decided to try to lick the remains out of the cup?
And here is how Rylan came to me with his coat on the other day. Cameron and I laughed and laughed! At least he tried!!!
Cameron giving us the rear view! John was waiting outside to take the boys in the tractor to plow snow, that's what the hurry was. You know you can't get ready fast enough for that!
And here are some pictures from last weekend and John's parents. We had a chili lunch over there (they live 1 mile from us) and the kids got to enjoy some sledding! It was freezing out but that didn't stop them!

Nope, the cold never bothers Rylan. Coming from Guatemala you'd think he wouldn't have the toughness to take it! Not him though, he's a rough neck I tell you!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow I never realized how much your boys look alike.

Anonymous said...

"Hola" from Guatemala!!!

Thanks Karla!!! I'm so happy you were/are there for me as well!!!
You have been a very good friend!!!

Michelle said...

You've got two handsome little boys, that's for sure! I love the pictures!!! That one of Rylan with the pudding on his face is hilarious. It looks like he's got a beard and mustache.

Michelle

Cammie said...

Gotta love little kids and chocolate pudding. They have to get every last lick, don't they?!