Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween!


What did I say, are they not the cutest Harry Potter and Skunk you've every seen? Well, that is of course unless one of your kids dressed as one of these too I guess : )

With weather at 70 degrees in Wisconsin, we loved every minute of trick or treating outside! I'm a traditional person and the only way we'd be indoors is if it were bad weather. I've never actually done that. We've frozen our rears off some years... and oh yes, some years it's snowed! But that is what it is all about. Walking in the crisp, cool night. Hearing all the laughter from the kids as they run door to door! LOVE IT!!!

Here is my unsuspecting little skunk checking out the spooky yard! It was only our 2nd stop and he was still trying to figure everything out. He'd been noticing this house across the street from my mom and dad's... but he needed a closer look. Notice the man walking towards him in the back? This yard had live "gooblins" throughout. It was by far the coolest house in town!Well, it appeared after the goblin tapped Rylan on the back it took him 1.2 seconds to run and scream! See the pumpkin in Rylans left hand. He was in mid toss pitching it right into the guys stomach! The pumpkin and all Rylan's candy was rolling across the yard, he was so outta there!After Rylan made his abrupt exit and daddy calmed him down, he became friends with the only "woman" dressed up in that yard! She was a spooky witch, but he liked her. The minute any of the others would come towards him, he took off down the sidewalk!
We started trick or treating about 5pm down by my mom and dad's. My dad always stays home to hand out candy. So me, John, the boys, my sister and neice, and my mom trucked off with the kids. We walked the entire time and got back to their house around 8:30pm! We had a blast! The kids did fantastic and had such a good time.
And here I am with the boys just before we got started! I cherish these days... I really do. It's so much fun to see them excited and to get to be a part of their lives! They are growing so quickly in so many ways.

4 comments:

The Weinantz Family said...

Karla, You are making so many memories that are priceless.

The boys are costumes are great. Rylan looks so cute as a skunk. Cameron is looks so grown up in that costume. I am glad that you had such a good family time. I can't wait to see more pictures and watch your boys grow!

Anna

Vanessa said...

They're adorable!!

Anonymous said...

What cutie patooties you have!! That house looked like a lot of fun!

Cammie said...

Hi Karla! Love the costumes! Ana was a skunk this year too :)

Cammie