Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Member of the Family!

What is harder to get to sit still than two kids when you try to take a picture... how about a FISH! That's right. The newest member of the family is a fish that Cameron somehow talked me into. See the blur in the lower left corner? Oh yes, the guilt trip of "mom, but he's in such a small house now" got me. He was right, those little tiny bowls that they sell betta fish in are enough to make you want to buy them all! After he checked them all out, he selected this one. He's very pretty! We picked out a bowl and of course had to have a sunken pirate ship. Funny story behind that. The sunken pirate ship doesn't fit so well in the bowl. It left room for the fish to get underneath so I had to put enough marble in so that it couldn't wedge itself and get stuck. Well, we let the bowl sit with water for a couple days like your supposed too after getting everything in it just right. We then started slowly mixing the "new" water with the water in the dish the betta was in... so as not to shock him too bad. As the day came to let him free in his new home, I had 3 guys standing behind me and I heard Cameron say to John "I hope mom doesn't kill him". Hmmm, no faith in me! So the next day the fish is great. Third day we come home and I went to the bowl and couldn't find him! I started twirling the bowl, shaking the ship inside, looking under the rock, then I worried maybe he jumped out to his death! I checked the counter, the floor, and heaven forbid the stove! Nothing. Just as Cameron came around the corner to feed him, he slowly swam out of the pirate ship where he must have been taking a leisurely nap! Little does the fish know he cost me a few more gray hairs!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

LOL!! Poor mom!! I mean we have the kids giving us grays and the pets shhesshh do we get a break:)