Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our Dog, Lucy


We have got the cutest dog on earth, I swear it! Well, all pet lovers I'm sure think that of their dogs, most days anyway : )
Lucy came to us from an animal shelter above Minneapolis, MN. She was about 6 months old or so when we received a call from the Pug Rescue of Minnesota. I had written a letter that I had lost my dog, a very old Pug that I rescued from a family that was beating her. That poor thing had originally came from a puppy mill before that, so she was in bad shape. Her health was poor. Anyway, I loved her so much! Me and Dolly, that is all it was for awhile. When she passed I was heart broken. So nearly a year later I was happy to have found Lucy! John and I with my parents drove a long way for her!
Lucy has the best temperment of any dog I've known. We've had her for about 10 years already and when Cameron was born, she adapted so well! She loved him right away! Rylan, that's been a bit more of an adjustment on his part.... but she's doing great! She knows just how to handle him.
Well, poor Lucy had a near death experience a few weeks ago. She was nearly ran over by our car and I was the driver!!! Never, ever had we had something like this happen. As I was pulling in the garage she ran under my vehicle and tried coming out between my back tire and the running board. Thankfully I was going really slow and just sort of rolled up on her stomach. I knew immediately by instinct something wasn't right (and it wasn't one of the kids toys). Thank GOD I stopped the car and was able to see her enough to back up! It was horrible! She was bruised and battered, but nothing broke and no serious injuries. She's older now so her recovery took longer. She's getting lots of pampering from all of us! Amazing how these little critters become part of your family.
Cameron was so worried about Lucy. You should see him with this dog. He just loves her! Rylan too! I pray we have her around for a long, long time yet. She has alway been Mommy's Girl since day 1. She's with me in the house wherever I go! I'd be as heart broken as the kids when Lucy's days become numbered. How can you not love that face!?

3 comments:

Our Girls said...

Very Cute Dog Lucy you have! Must be as it came from Minnesota! ( Where I live)!
He looks like a great Dog!
I LOVE Dogs!!!!

Vanessa said...

Hope the recovery goes smoothly and she's better soon!!

Anonymous said...

oh, what a cute doggie! I'm glad he's better!