Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ramblings

I have a post that I've been working on since last Friday that's not quite done yet! I've been trying to post video on it and so far no luck. Not because I don't think it will work, but it takes so darn long that I run out of time during lunch. My not so speedy dial-up at home would probably take days to load! So I promise to try again tomorrow.

I'll leave you with a couple Cameron and Rylan stories for now! It's always something interesting at our house:

So Cameron and I are in bed going to sleep and it's really dark (yes, I still let him fall asleep in our bed, then take him to his room!). Rylan was already out. We're laying there in the darkness and Cameron says, mom, I need a tissue. Me, I ask why? He said, because I was picking in my ear and I have wax on my finger. Me (thinking "oh gross")... but I roll over to feel for a tissue on the night stand. I rolled back and said, Cameron here... So he proceeds to say "never mind mom, I don't need it". Me, what do you mean never mind? Where did the ear was go? He says, it fell off my finger. Hmmm, we still haven't recovered it out of our bed!!!!

A couple nights ago I got into bed and Cameron was almost sleeping. Rylan's playpen where he sleeps (oh yes, he's in our room too) is on the other side of our bed next to the night stand. He was quiet as well, so I quick flipped the light out and got into bed. Rylan started rambling... Mamma.... ummm Mamma.... and I could hear the playpen creaking. The kind of sound you hear when it's getting wiggled. Not uncommon for him. Sometimes he actually rolls around and around in it. So I say, Rylan shhhhh! He quiets for a minute then starts back in for what seemed like forever just mumbling away things I couldn't understand until he finally said... ummm Mamma, stuck. I knew there was nothing near him that would "get stuck". Finally I turned on the light to see what he was doing and found him strateling the top bar of the playpen. He was laying on his belly right down the bar with one leg inside the playpen and one leg out! He must have been getting out when I came in the room and shut the light off then got confused at to which way to roll back into bed!!! Do you have any idea how long he was like this? I'm guessing at least 20 minutues! How comfortable could that have been?Once I flipped that light on he rolled over the edge back into bed quickly! It was pretty funny actually. He didn't even complain. My little monkey man!

No comments: